Holocaust Book Club Reflection

Learning about the life of Elli in the book I Have Lived a Thousand Years teaches me not to take my life for granted. I need to cherish everything I have in life including my family, friends, food, clothing, education, and a roof over my head. Reading my book and seeing all the terrible things that Elli went threw during the Holocaust made me feel sorry. When Elli in the book goes without food for a week, lives in cramped spaces with a bunch of people, and witnesses a lot of gruesome things. Reading about those horrible things makes me stop and think that I should appreciate what I have and be grateful. Also all these things in the book make me realize I just don’t want to take my life for granted when there are people in way worse situations than me right now and that I should be thankful for what I have.

The choices people made during the rise of the Nazi Party and the Holocaust teach us about the power and impact of our choice by being able the speak out. People were to afraid to do something about the Nazis and the Holocaust because they didn’t want anything bad to happen to them. No one was there to help when other people needed it and were afraid to use there voice to assist other  people when they needed it. When a kid is getting picked on and you walk right past them you are at worst as the person picking on the kid. It’s good to voice your opinions out because it can help with change and make something better than it was before. The people had the choice to use there voice and help out other people during the rise of the Nazi Party but they thought only about themselves when they could of made a impact. That’s why it’s good to use your voice and speak up for either yourself or other people to have a impact or make change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Were President ?

Snow Day

Going Apple Picking With My Uncle